Wednesday, December 2, 2015

First Draft


Catalina  Camacho

7th period
Survivor 

Tanya Camacho did a lot of drugs when she was younger but quickly turned her life around when she wanted to be a loving wife and mother.

"I started doing drugs because I was very immature and young." Tanya said  "I hung out with the wrong crowd, I wanted to fit in.

"She didn't fit in much because she was always getting in trouble and moving schools. 

"I was a very angry and self-centered person," Tanya said.

A lot of actions or problems impacted her family a lot and she didn't take that into consideration.

"It was terrible, they were very disappointed in me. My family went through a lot," Tanya said.

Even when her dad and mom wouldn't give up on her, she still would disrespect her family.

"All the time, her behavior was out of control," Joann Rameriez, Tanya's mom said.

Her family struggled a lot with her behavior.

 "Hated it, we tried many times to get her help," David Quintanilla, Tanya's dad said.

 They couldn't do anything about her doing drugs. They would try and try but nothing seemed to work out the way they wanted it too.

Even though she was on drugs most of the time, when she wasn't on them she would treat her parents good.                                                              

 "Yes, when i wasn't doing drugs," Tanya said.

Most people didn't like her because of the way she acted and how she treated people. She wasn't a very nice person or a good influence to be around so a lot of people wouldn't want to be friends with her but she also didn't like many people either.

"I would get very tired of the same people," Tanya said.

You would think her younger brother would act somewhat like her but he didn't. He was a little nerdy and a goody goody while she didn't do her school work and was a little rebel. Her brother and her weren't very close but they did talk some. They didn't do things together like normal brothers and sisters would do together.

"My brother was nothing like me, total opposite," Tanya said.

 She was so messed up when she was a teenager that she didn't realize how bad the drugs were and what they did to her. When she wasn't on the drugs she still didn't know what she was doing so when she was on drugs it made her act worse and do things that she didn't necessarily want to do. So now when she looks back at the past she regrets many things.

"The drugs, they only make things worse," Tanya said.

Most people would think that her childhood wasn't good but as she thinks it was good. She did feel that her parents loved her but she wouldn't accept it and she would act like she wouldn't care but when it came down to her needing something she would fake that she was sorry. Her parents knew who she would uses them for advantage but that didn't make them stop loving her.

"My childhood was loving, my parents were the best. They never gave up on me and never stopped loving me," Tanya said

 She had good memories and she had fun when she was younger but as she got into an older teenager that's when she started doing drugs. Her life wasn't a complete mess because she still had to good memories to hold onto.

"Traveling on christmas night with the family-28 of us, to go skiing, every year," Tanya said.

She met her husband when she was going to Hays high school. "No, he actually was the reason I stopped," Tanya said. He did not influence her into doing any more drugs, he was the reason she topped as she says in the quote.

"No, he actually was the reason I stopped," Tanya said.

He changed her to be a good person and not to hate the world every time something bad would happen. They are high school sweethearts so I think he had a big impact on her changing to be a better person and not to do drugs anymore.

"Yes, he is my rock. He showed me how to love and be loved," Tanya said.

When no one else had patients for her, he did and when everyone else was started to give on her , he didn't. He stayed with her through all of it. That's why they are such a strong couple.

"My husband, we have been together since high school. he loved me and taught me how to love myself," Tanya said.

She knows how she acted when she was younger and she turned her life around so thats all that matters to her now. She owned it and she didn't try to regret anything she did.

"I would say that a I'm a survivor. I have over come so much and am proud to say that I have been clean for over 20 years. Never be ashamed of who you are, learn from it, own it, and love yourself, " Tanya said












No comments:

Post a Comment