Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Current event 4.1

1. What are 5 key points listeners can expect to hear from President Obama when he gives his final State of the Union address tonight? Page A1 "The Presidency"
The 5 key points are breakup note, retrospective, social push, tee up for Democrats, and Austin represented. 

2. How did actor Sean Penn play a role in the capture of drug lord "El Chapo"? Page A5 "Penn: 'nothin' to hide'
They helped to track him down and they raided his hideout in rural Durango. 

3. Name 4 of David Bowie's most famous songs. Page A9 "True Genius" of pop music..."
"Heroes", "Lets Dance", "Best of Bowie", "Lazarus"
4. What is the projected Powerball lottery payout for the lucky winner when the numbers are pulled Wednesday night? Page B1
$1.4 billion. 

5. Would you go to Star Wars Universe at Disney World (Why)? Page SA3 "Bring the galaxy closer...." 
I would not want to go because I am not a big fan of Star Wars. If my grandpa were to ask me if I wanted to go then i would probably say yes so I wouldn't hurt his feelings. 
1. If you could buy lottery tickets (Powerball or otherwise), would you?
I probably would buy them. 
2. Do you know if your parents have bought tickets?
My parents have not bought them yet. 
3. Would you buy tickets for this record drawing?
Yes I would. 
4. Think carefully, what would you do with the money if you were to win (be specific and write at least a paragraph with your plans)?

5. What if you didn't win the big prize, but came in third and won $3 million dollars instead of over a billion, what would you do with the money now?

No comments:

Post a Comment